(Closed) Entry-Level Associate Trademark Attorney Wanted
Update: This position has been filled. Small trademark law firm and legal startup with one founding partner and one associate attorney based in DUMBO, Brooklyn looking for its second full-time associate attorney, primarily to handle federal trademark clearance search, filing, and prosecution work. Position is ideal for a 2018 or 2017 law school graduate.
About this job:
● $60,000 base pay, up to $70,000 if candidate has significant trademark law experience, plus substantial bonus based on individual performance and the growth of the firm.
● Good health insurance and paid leave.
● Excellent remote working opportunities and flexible, reasonable hours. No billable hour requirement.
● Associate will have their own private office in a large, beautiful loft space in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Friendly, hypoallergenic cat in the office about one day a week. Surrounding neighborhood is beautiful and the office is about two blocks from DUMBO’s riverside parks.
● Completely casual dress code.
● High upward mobility at a rapidly growing firm. Great for somebody with an interest in tech startups.
● After initial training, will be given substantial work very early on. The work will be interesting, as our clients operate in a variety of industries.
● Pro bono work for socialist, anti-white supremacy, feminist, LGBTQ, pro-immigrant, and other leftist causes is encouraged, but not required.
About the firm:
● JPG Legal is a trademark law firm and legal startup that primarily serves entrepreneurs and small businesses who find and hire JPG Legal online. The firm has experienced rapid growth over the last year, and now needs to hire its second full-time associate attorney, just four months after hiring the first.
● DUMBO, Brooklyn at 68 Jay Street, Suite 612. Two blocks from the York Street F train stop, ten-minute walk from the High Street/Brooklyn Bridge A and C train stop. The building has elevators and ramps, but is probably not fully ADA-compliant.
● Must be licensed as an attorney in New York or have passed the appropriate bar exam and filed the all of the necessary character and fitness paperwork in order to be sworn in. Please do not apply if this is not the case. We cannot accept candidates who are licensed in another state with plans to apply for admission on motion in New York, nor can we accept candidates who have passed the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE), but have not submitted everything necessary to be sworn in.
● Trademark experience or demonstrated interest in intellectual property law strongly preferred.
● To apply, please upload resume, cover letter, references, and unofficial transcript below. We will start conducting candidate interviews in early January. We apologize in advance if we don’t end up contacting you about the position.
● If you applied for our previous Associate position listing a few months ago, you will not be penalized for submitting the same cover letter.
Have questions? Contact Jeremy at (202) 838-7574 or firstname.lastname@example.org.